Company & Culture
Bitmob was born from a belief that software is an art, and developers are artists that are reshaping the world. It
is our desire and passion to provide a canvas for “Mobsters” to unleash their full potential by focusing on doing
what they love. Through this entrepreneurial spirit it is our goal to catalyze worldwide positive change through
To that end, we’re deeply invested in building a world class culture based on the following pillars:
- Have empathy, and don’t be a jerk (respect each other)
- Don’t be afraid to take risks, we’ve got you.
- Failure is not the absence of success, it is the lack of learning from our mistakes
- Good data leads to good decisions. Good decisions lead to positive outcomes.
- Critique is part of growth. Be respectful when offering it, and humble when receiving it.
- “Rules” are just suggestions for best practices. Rewrite them as necessary.
- Do the right thing (even if no one will ever see)
- We’re running a Marathon, not a Sprint
Role & Responsibilities
We’re in search of a front-end web developer who is deeply passionate about software development, very well
versed in React & Redux, and appreciates the importance of good UI/UX, CSS and clean visual implementation.
This person will work directly with the CEO and leadership team in an early-stage (VC funded) technology
startup tackling exciting challenges at the intersection of software engineering and Artificial
Intelligence (AI). Experience with AI is not required (cross training with our Data Science team will be provided).
This is a hands-on developer position with the opportunity to help architect and build our front-end
marketplace web application. Responsibilities include:
- Involvement in all front-end architecture choices
- Establishing best practices for code design patterns
- Enforcing coding style guidelines
- Third Party Library and NPM package selection
- Code reviews on others contributions
- Quality assurance enforcement on code base (unit tests, TDD, etc.)
Preferred Qualification & Education
3+ years experience in writing software (in any language)
Degree in Computer Science (or comparable industry experience or training)
- Redux (Advanced)
- Sagas (Intermediate)
- React-strap (Advanced)
- CSS (Intermediate)
- HTML & Visual Libraries (Intermediate)
- Git (Intermediate)
- Docker (Intermediate)
Bonus Skills (optional)
- Data Schema modeling
- Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to (or at minimum, an interest in) Machine Learning
- Strong aptitude to efficiently research and evaluate new libraries and software development tools and
- AWS – Elastic Container Services, EC2, Amazon RDS, Redis